It is important to know the dos and don’ts when it comes to v2ginal care in order to prevent infection, odour and irritation.
A smelly v2gina can be very embarrassing and humiliating in many different situations, both casual and intimate.
1. Wash the v2gina at least twice daily. If you work out, sweat excessively, or are involved in some other sweat- inducing activity, then wash after each activity. Make sure you change your undergaments at least daily and wash them in hot water to kill any stubborn bacteria. This will help to get rid of sweat and bacteria may have been trapped, leaving you feeling and smelling better.
2. Do not douche; don’t use antiseptic soaps or body scrubs to wash your v2gina. These products make the v2gina unfavourable for good bacteria and impact on v2gina health causing candida super-infection (the one popularly called “toilet infection”).
3. Always eat plain, unflavoured yogurt regularly or take probiotics. These have live active bacteria that contribute to the healthy ecological balance of the v2gina.
4. Always keep your v2gina dry, except you are having se xual intercourse. Keeping moisture and sweat down there is a recipe for bad odour and poor v2gina health.
5. Always change your tampons or pads regularly if you use them during your periods. The longer they stay, the faster the bacteria on them will breed, causing potential infections. You shall also avoid pads or tampons with deodorants, sprays or other chemicals.
6. Avoid having multiple se xual partners. Studies show a correlation of multiple s3x partners with recurring infections of bacterial vaginosis.
7. Always wear cotton underwear or other fabrics that fit you well and allow space to “air out” your v2gina. Also avoid wearing tight-fitting pants as they rub against the v2gina causing irritation that can contribute to infections.
8. Always eat healthy diet that contains fruits and vegetables and avoid highly processed foods and sugar. Highly processed foods and sugars change the pH of your v2gina and affect its health. Sweet v2gina smell and taste can be produced by vegetables, fruits and spices like cinnamon, peppermint, and cardamom. On the other hand, foods such as coffee, onions, meat, dairy, garlic and strong spices have the potential of changing your v2ginal odor to something very unpleasant. At least keep it tasty for guyz who suck the flower!
9. Avoid taking a long bath in a bathtub with still water. This is because the dirt, sweat, and bacteria that are not washed away would affect you. Bacteria from other parts of the body could easily find their way to the v2gina when this is done.
10. Always wipe from front to back after using a bathroom. This prevents the introduction of bacteria from the rectum into the v2gina..
Thanks for Reading.